The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Average speed on part of track

Any question about the app? Ask it here
marcs

[closed] Average speed on part of track

Post by marcs »

Hello,

I am trying to analyse my speed on some sections of a recorded track.
Is there a way to calculate the average/min/max speed, distance, time ... between 2 points (or 2 cursors on the graph) ? Could you add this feature in a future version ?

I would also like to be able to set the min speed to a value higher than 1 km/h. Could you let the user freely choose the threshold value (instead of proposing a limited set of choices) ? This would be useful to get the average speed when the user is really moving. In my case I was simply resting sitting on my stand-up paddle with a slight wind that made me move at more than 1 km/h.

Thanks again for your nice application !
Best regards
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Average speed on part of track

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
The only way to get statistics on parts of a track is to split your track in different segments. You'll then be able to get the full stats for any segment.
It's safer to work on a copy of your track (just copy/paste it using the Landmarks Explorer). Display this copy, click on it, then on its name and select "Edit points". Then click on the first point you want, and select "Split here" (if a whole part of the track disappear, this is just a display issue, click on "Save and close" and re-select "Edit point" on the track).
Then split the track again on second point, and you'll be able to get the stats of the middle segment, which is between your two points.
Note that:
- You'll still get the overall stats when displaying the details of the tracks;
- You can create segments while recording the track by clicking on the "New lap/segment" button.
Hope it's clear enough, don't hesitate to ask for more details if needed.

Concerning your second request, lots of things will change in the next update, but I'll try to take this into account. But don't hesitate to ask again for this if I don't, there's already so much requests and I'm not sure I'll be able to do everything in this next version.

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
marcs

Post by marcs »

Hello,
This is a friendly reminder for my second request above: give the possibility to set the min speed to an arbitrary value higher than 1 km/h.
Could you add this in a future revision ?
I haven't tested completely v2 but everything runs smoothly so far. Thanks !
Best regards
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
Sorry I did miss this request.
When I've time I'll completely remove this option, I'll use the distance instead of the speed to detect if the user is moving or not.
But until that (it won't be in the next update), I can add more values. What other speeds would you like to see?
marcs

Post by marcs »

Hello,
I'm not sure using the distance would make what I want...
For the time beeing can't you provide a field for the user to enter a value ? If not, adding 2 and 4 km/h would be nice for my use.
Thanks !
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Come on! 4km/h is not "stopped"! ;)
I've added values up to 3km/h, would it be fine for you?
marcs

Post by marcs »

Hello,
I don't see it as "stopped" but in a different mode. It's a way to extract more information from the recorded track.
For me it would be a way to make the difference between paddling or resting on my stand-up paddle when there is wind (I just checked on old recorded tracks and for this I would need a limit at 6 km/h when wind is strong/good), for others it will be cycling vs. walking, separating the sprints from the rest of a record, skiing downhill vs walking uphill...
It will depend on the activity and what one's looking for. This is why I suggested to provide a field so that the user can enter the value best suited for him.
Is the average speed processed every time the value is changed ?
Thanks for your responsiveness !
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Ok I see your point of view, that's interesting.