The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Landmarks caching

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Wlk

[closed] Landmarks caching

Post by Wlk »

First I have to say, amazing app. Tried almost every other GPS/offline chaching app and this one is by far with best UI, speed and so on. Keep it up this way!

Is there any way how to download landmarks automatically for region I download map for? Its bit strange that I can cache map, but move map through its neighborhood to manually update/load all landmarks. Or am I missing something?

Also is there any way how to disable landmark loaded notification? Or accumulate it to one notification over longer time, lets say 10-20s and not every second or two as I move through map?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Landmarks caching

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your feedback and support!
Don't hesitate to have a look at the online help, some features are quite well explained, like the track recorder.

Concerning your questions, I guess you're talking about public waypoints.
As you've seen, you can only get (and store) them when manually displaying an area, you cannot store them using the "Store area" tool, which is only for maps right now. And unfortunately, there is no way to disable the update notification...

However using the "store area" tool to store them is planned. As for many other features, I have lot of waiting things for the community landmarks, I just need to find time to work on them. But unfortunately right now I cannot give you any availability date...
Just for info, here are few planned things:
- Update the database and add more types of waypoints;
- Improve icon quality, reduce the size, add a progressive display in case everything is selected;
- Add the ability to store them using the store area tool;
- Allow the user to not only store waypoints online, but also pictures and tracks.

I'll also do something for the update notification, like you suggest.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !