The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] Elevation display

Any question about the app? Ask it here
NickG

[done] Elevation display

Post by NickG »

My apologies if this has been covered but I did search for it. Is it possible to display elevation by hovering over a position in the map with the centre coordinates? (even if it's an estimate). I can't find this functionality. I'm assuming this would also allow elevation profile displays for gpx files that don't include the elevation data (which doesn't seem to be the case).
Thanks.
PS. I have to say I'm highly impressed with the app so far.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Elevation display

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your feedback.
This feature is planned but need quite some work so won't be available very soon. Elevations are not stored in the maps, so must be retrieved and stored apart from them.
But I'll try to work on that soon. I have added it to the waiting features list here.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
JasonG

Post by JasonG »

Similar to the request from NickG, but for existing route waypoints.
For a planned route would be nice if a user could get or enter elevation data for the waypoints.
Currently can compute slope but this requires using the "Compute Slope" new landmark method and entering elevation manually.
If we could enter elevation data to existing route waypoints to compute slope and elevation plots for a route that would be great.
If the elevation for route waypoints could be computed or downloaded automatically even better.

Thanks for the great product.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
Yes you're right it could be nice.
I also plan to add the support for automated elevation retrievals, but will be a little longer...
Thanks for your feedback
bergeroren@gmail.com

Post by bergeroren@gmail.com »

Hi
I love your app! I use it for several years allready and you are developing it realy good and usefull!

Its quite the same as the previous remark but still:
Would be great and usefull to have the ability to see an elevation graph of a manualy planed route even if it will take some calculation time.

And once its functional, it would be nice if its possible to see my location on the graph while traveling the planned route.

Thanks
Berger
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Thanks for your feedback.
This will be one of the main added features of the following updates. You're right that it will be very useful.
I still don't have a release date but quite soon.
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

Ha... they'll be asking for a 3D fly through of a route next :-0

Hmmm come to think of it MemoryMap had this on the PC years ago and it was a great feature. Now there's a thought! ;-)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

This feature is now available in version 2.0.3.