The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Convert Landmark

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Jafar

Convert Landmark

Post by Jafar »

Hello
I want to convert over than 100 landmark to other format like KML or any other so i can use them in other programs !!
Please if anyone can help me to export my landmarks or convert them to other format so i can use the in Google earth or ArcMap or QGIS or any other program
Note : i'm using free version of the application on android phone

Thank you
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Convert Landmark

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Here is how you can do that with the Lite (free) version of AlpineQuest (considering the landmarks you want to export are waypoints):
- Open the Landmarks explorer (Landmarks menu -> Explore landmarks) and go in the folder where are all you waypoints (if it's a different one);
- Long-press one of the 100 waypoints and select "Display all". It will display all the waypoints as a "group";
- On the map, click on one of the waypoints, and click on the group (which is the name of the folder of the waypoints);
- In the menu, select "Export as..." and choose your format (GPX, KML, ...).
Let me know if something isn't clear.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Jafar

Post by Jafar »

I did exactly like you said but the option i got when i press on one of the waypoints is:
Auto target closest
Details
Remove
These three options only, there is no export !!!!
Please advice !
Thank you
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Ok, I think you're using the "OfflineMaps" app. Unfortunately only the "+" version of this application will allow you to import/export items in KML or GPX files.
What you can do however is to install and use AlpineQuest Lite (free) that will allow you to export your same waypoints in KML as explained above.
You can check all the differences between those apps here: http://www.alpinequest.net/compare
newby

Post by newby »

Hello,
I would like to mention that I have the version "+" but it is not possible to me to export all landmarks at the same time. Besides, I am worried from my first test that only the Landmark is exported, while the picture is to be re-attributed when using Google Earth.
Any advise would be very appreciated
Thanks!
Jean-Christophe
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
There are various ways to export multiple landmarks at the same time, for waypoints, the procedure is explained above.
But you can also create a "Landmarks file" (from the landmarks explorer, click on the top/right menu, select "Create" and "Landmarks file") in which you can put all kinds of landmarks in it and export it at the some time as a GPX, KML or KMZ file.

Concerning your pictures problem, you must choose the "KMZ" export format to have them included in the file.

Let me know if something isn't clear or if you need any additional information.
newby

Post by newby »

Thanks for your quick feedback!
I managed to import the pictures to Google Earth following your suggestions. This worked very well, except that the pictures have been rotated during the exportation. Is there a solution to this problem? (maybe rotate the picture in question before the exportation?)
I have another issue that has probably been discussed in other topics and maybe you can guide me to the right post: I didn't find the way to save the track during my hiking day. The only solution I have found is to add points as per hiking progress which is not so convenient. Can you guide me for this as well?
newby

Post by newby »

for those who may be interested by my problem of rotated pictures, I could solve this problem modifying directly the kmz file, changing its extension to .zip file and making the corresponding modification on the pictures.
For the gps tracking, I am still searching. If any clue please let me know.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Unfortunately you cannot automatically track your path with OfflineMaps.
This feature is only available in AlpineQuest (called the track recorder), the improved version dedicated to hiking. Here are all differences between both apps. Contact be by email if you're interest in AlpineQuest.

I'll have a look at the image rotation problem, if I can do something.