The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] AQ 2.0 crashes when pinch to zoom on Motorola with Android 6.0

Something wrong? Report it here
KWten

[fixed] AQ 2.0 crashes when pinch to zoom on Motorola with Android 6.0

Post by KWten »

on the latest update, 2.0.0 whenever I use pinch to zoom the app crashes. Using the volume control keys are OK.
I have a Moto G 2015 with Android version 6.
I use this app regularly and have had no previous problems, but this latest update causes problems on a walk.
Is there a solution?

Thanks in hope

Keith dix
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: zoom control

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your interest in this application and support.
Unfortunately this in an error that has been reported few times already, only occurring on some Motorola devices (Moto G 3rd gen, Droid Maxx 2, Moto X so far) with Android 6.0.
The only "fix" right now is to update the device with Android 6.01, this will correct the issue (as the crash is due to a problem in the version of Android 6.0 shipped in those devices, which has been corrected in 6.01).
Note that you should be able to zoom the map using the zoom buttons (instead of the two fingers).
I'm very sorry for not being able to help your more, don't hesitate if you have any question.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
KWten

Re: AQ 2.0 crashes when pinch to zoom on Motorola with Android 6.0

Post by KWten »

Thanks for a quick reply.
Unfortunately Motorola/Lenovo does not have an update to version 6.01 so I will have to be careful
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

KWten wrote:Thanks for a quick reply.
Unfortunately Motorola/Lenovo does not have an update to version 6.01 so I will have to be careful
Maybe you should consider implementing CyanogenMod 13 on your phone? I have no issues running AQ on my Galaxy S3 running CM13, or my NotePro tablet running CM12.1
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Small update: I think I have found what system call crashes on Moto devices (the Android built-in multi-touch zoom detector).
I've made a small hack on moto devices with Android 6.0, in this case the app will switch to a "home made" multi-touch zoom.
This fix will be available soon in the next update.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
I've published a beta version on Google Play that should fix this problem.
If you want, you can get it right now by following those instructions. If you do, please let me know if the problem is fixed.
Best regards
Kadeo26

Re: zoom control

Post by Kadeo26 »

Psyberia-Support wrote:Unfortunately this in an error that has been reported few times already, only occurring on some Motorola devices (Moto G 3rd gen, Droid Maxx 2, Moto X so far) with Android 6.0.

Note that you should be able to zoom the map using the zoom buttons (instead of the two fingers).
For information only:

I have just encountered this issue on my Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen) 4G LTE Android 6.0 but the zoom buttons work OK.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Thanks for the update.
I've published version 2.0.1b (only the full version, not the Lite), and I've simply removed the "pinch to zoom" feature for those particular devices (Motorola & Android 6.0) to avoid the crashes... Please let me know if you've noticed other actions that make the app crash...

And again, sorry for this problem. I hope you'll be able to update to 6.0.1 soon...
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
I've released AlpineQuest version 2.0.3 with a new try to fix this issue (with some visual differences on Motorola devices).
Please let me know if you have any update.