The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] AlpineQuest location tracker screen: layout issue in landscape

Something wrong? Report it here
theksmith

[fixed] AlpineQuest location tracker screen: layout issue in landscape

Post by theksmith »

this is a low priority, but i wanted to post so that it hopefully can be fixed in the big 2.0 release you are working on.

in the location tracker screen of AlpineQuest (all recent versions), and only when in landscape orientation, the graph does not fit on screen and instead takes a rather large amount of vertical space. this forces constantly having to scroll to interact with the buttons that are below the graph.

since you are already able to touch the graph to view it full-screen, there is no need for it to be so large. it would be better if the entire UI of this location tracker screen were made to fit in landscape as well as portrait orientations.

screenshots attached.
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-02-07-11-44-02.png
(97.58 KiB) Downloaded 1227 times
Screenshot_2016-02-07-11-43-49.png
(113.37 KiB) Downloaded 1227 times
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: AlpineQuest location tracker screen: layout issue in landscape

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your report.
You're right it doesn't look nice at all.
Initial 2.0 versions will look (a little) better, the height of the profile will stay limited even in landscape mode. Soon after, I'll improve that by making a special display for landscape more and larger devices with more space (I think I won't have the time in the initial version, I really want to release it as soon as possible and I still have lot of things to do).
Hopefully I'll release a preview version this week, it will be available on the Play store in the beta channel (here are instructions to get beta versions).
Don't hesitate to share to feelings then
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !