The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] GPS Signal Lost Warning / Export of statistics

Any question about the app? Ask it here
ds47uk

[closed] GPS Signal Lost Warning / Export of statistics

Post by ds47uk »

Two suggestions for improvements:

I use AQ for (among other things) navigating round towns on holiday and storing the track. I switch off the GPS signal loss warning so that I don't get "bing-bongs" when in a cathedral or other building. However I have to do this every time I turn on AQ, since AQ turns this on every time it starts up. It would be better if you had the option to permanently switch off this warning.

Also would it be possible to export a text file of the track statistics whenever a GPX track is exported - to the same location preferably. This would ideally be configurable as to what it exports, but I would suggest that the default would be as much as possible of what is available in the "Track information" window.

This latter would be useful as I also use AQ as a track recorder in the car - sitting on the back seat recording all the places where my navigator went wrong!!! Without it my 3 weeks in Brittany would not have been such a great holiday. Thanks!!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: GPS Signal Lost Warning / Export of statistics

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for this report,
Concerning the GPS signal warning, as soon as you turn it off once, it should stay turned off... This option should permanently switch off the warnings, until you manually turn it on again.
I made a quick test today, and it seemed to stay turned off after a restart, but I'll make a more complete test.

Concerning the text format export, there is no problem. I'll try to do it for the next version.
Note that right now you can already export the stats as an image (.JPG).

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
ds47uk

Post by ds47uk »

just checked...

1 Start AlpineQuest
2 Location tracker on
3 Turn off warning
4 Location tracker off
5 Exit from AlpineQuest
6 Restart AlpineQuest
7 Location tracker on
WARNING HAS TURNED ITSELF BACK ON

I tested the "Ignore locations if distance....." setting, and this also changes back to the default 10 ft setting.
HOWEVER, the "Ignore locations if accuracy..." setting seems to be persistent, and stays where you set it!!

It gets stranger...

If you Restart AlpineQuest at step 6 and then check straight away, the changed settings are correctly retained and if you "OK" they seem to stay put (which is I suspect what you found), but if you apply step 7 straight after step 6, they revert to defaults.

Hope this makes sense and helps!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Just to be sure, are you using the last version (1.4.8)? After changing any tracker setting, do you validate with the 'Ok' button?

Post by Guest »

Yes and Yes

Running 1.4.8
Step 3 should read "Turn off warning " "OK"
GPS Signal Warning?

Post by GPS Signal Warning? »

I'm confused... I was going to verify this issue, but could not find this GPS Signal Warning setting anywhere. Is this somewhere within AQ or is it within the OS? I am running CyanogenMod 10.2 (JB 4.3) on my Galaxy S3 and I cannot say that I've ever heard the phone beep when the GPS signal was lost.

Note that I also run a fantastic little utility in background, GPS Status, which manages the GPS hardware, provides loads of useful info and also automatically downloads GPS assist data. Perhaps this is suppressing beeps?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Thanks for checking that also.
Here is the online help on the tracker settings: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/tracker.
The option we are talking about is the one displayed in the last screen-shot, it's an AlpineQuest setting (not an OS one).

@ds47uk: thanks for the confirmations.
ds47uk

Post by ds47uk »

[repost of original lost in hacker attack]

Thanks for the export in 1.4.9 - just what I wanted ..... except the "events" section does not seem to be included :oops:

Also, has there been any progress on the GPS signal loss problem - it is still occurring in 1.4.9

thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
Sorry for the loss of you initial message.

I have willingly not included the events part in the text export since they refer to the graphic, which is also not exported. Moreover, all the information (max speed, min/max elevation, etc.) is present somewhere else in the export. But let me know if you don't agree.

Concerning the signal setting, I hoped it would be fixed with this new version since I changed a lot of things on the tracker... I was wrong. I'll do my best to fix it for the next update.