The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] HTC Desire C using Android 4.03 (ICS)

Something wrong? Report it here
rhh23

[closed] HTC Desire C using Android 4.03 (ICS)

Post by rhh23 »

I maybe wrong but I believe that if I disable the 'Always display main menu button even if the menu is hidden' in Settings/Preferences it is impossible to display it again on the above phone as the HTC Desire C does not have its own Menu button.
Can anyone confirm this or otherwise?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: HTC Desire C using Android 4.03 (ICS)

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
You may have a compatibility 'Menu' button, next to the virtual 'Back' and 'Home' buttons while running AlpineQuest. But I don't have an Android 4 device so I'm not sure about that.
A (tested) solution is to de-install and re-install the app from the market to reset all the settings. I agree this is not the simplest way. You will keep all your landmarks, maps and cache, and of course not pay again if you have the full version.
Let me know if you have a compatibility button, otherwise I'll think of a better way to retrieve the menu.
Best regards

Edit:
Here is the official documentation standing about the compatibility button (last paragraph).
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
rhh23

Post by rhh23 »

Than you for your reply.

I cannot find a compatibility menu on my particular phone!

I did use your tested method to get the menu back in the 'Lite' version without a problem.
However, I was unaware that it I could use it on the full version without having to pay again.

Regards
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
Yes, all paid apps are linked to your Google Account, so you can un-install and re-install them just when you want....
Best regards
rhh23

Post by rhh23 »

Since my last post on the subject I have discovered that my phone came with a Task Manager.
This allows me to either:
Force Stop the App.
Uninstall the App.
Clear Data.

If I choose the latter I can restart your App with the Menu button visible by default.

Regards.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Great advice, thanks a lot!