The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Save Landmark

Something wrong? Report it here
Goof Boog

[closed] Save Landmark

Post by Goof Boog »

I love this program!
I am not able to save a landmark in version 1.3
How do I do this?

Goof

I found out: when I change the directory to /sdcard/external_sd/ the option to save the landmark is missing. Before that, on the old location, it worked. I have many maps and to little space on my S2, so I use a microsd card. Can this be fixed???
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Save Landmark

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
You can of course use your SD card to store your maps and landmarks.
In the AlpineQuest preferences, change the application folder to your SD card path. Be careful to restart the application after changing this setting.
If "/sdcard/external_sd/" doesn't work, check that really your SD card path.

For creating a waypoint, be also careful that it's not always the first item. If the landmarks explorer is not browsing your SD card, then 'Focus center' will be first.
Let me know if you are OK.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Goof Boog

Re: [closed] Save Landmark

Post by Goof Boog »

Hello,

The map explorer recognizes the location sdcard/external_sd/ and I see my custom maps, but my landmark explorer doesn't recognize this location and only shows the 'focus center' option. What do I do wrong?

greetz,
Goof
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
It shouldn't only show 'focus center'. Scroll the view and you will see the other options.

You may also open the Landmarks Explorer and click on "Offline Landmarks" to browse your SD card. Then exit the explorer (do not use the back button, use the Exit icon).
The explorer will now be on your SD card, and the other options will be displayed at the beginning of the create dialog list.

I will change this is next version, I agree it's quite disturbing.

Best regards
Goof Boog

Post by Goof Boog »

Hi,

Sorry, it only shows 'focus center'...
Can't save landmarks on my external SD card..

Goof
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Save Landmark

Ok sorry for my previous post then.
If you can only see 'focus center' then it means that the folder you want to save your landmarks is read-only.
Using the 1.3.1 version landmarks explorer, browse your "Local landmarks", and browse a writable folder (check the + menu icon, which is grayed when the current folder is not writable). You can also click on the top address button and browse the complete SD card.
The SD card shouldn't be read only. If it is, check that it's not full.
Let me know,
Best regards