The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Minor issue exporting a track.

Something wrong? Report it here
geofactotem

Minor issue exporting a track.

Post by geofactotem »

A few days ago I did two walks, one from each of two nearby villages. I forgot to make two separate tracks.
I decided to try AQ's internal editing facility and successfully deleted the driving segment so that I then had what appeared to be two tracks.

However when I named/undisplayed/displayed one track it applied identically to the other. On splitting I would have expected one part to be renamed track[2] for example.

On exporting and reading in a different application I can see as expected a straight line between the two tracks.

This is not particularly important to me, I am simply pointing it out to be put in the queue, I'm sure there are more urgent things.

I am new to this app having migrated from Viewranger and I think it is great.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Minor issue exporting a track.

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
When you split a track using the application editor (tap the track -> edit points), it will actually create 2 track segments within this track. It won't create two separate tracks.
When displayed, the two segments won't be connected with a line.

If you want 2 separate tracks, you can either first duplicate the track, then remove the unwanted parts in each of them, or move the second segment of your split track outside of if (using cut/paste).
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !