The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Tablets with Magnetic sensors

Any question about the app? Ask it here
bm777

Tablets with Magnetic sensors

Post by bm777 »

Hi all, I am new here. I purchased alpine quest a few years back and hardly used it at all as my samsung mini tablet 7" doesn't have a compass and I'd like to have that.
I tried searching, but there are a gazillion tablets and not sure what to choose. Does anyone know which tablet would be best? Obviously cost is a factor!

Thanks to all and regards
gb
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Tablets with Magnetic sensors

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Unfortunately I don't know any complete list of tablets with a magnetic sensor, once you've found a tablet you find good you've do dive into the specs and search for magnetic sensor.
The fact is that cheaper tablets usually come without it, as it's not mandatory and allows makers to make additional savings...
You can also search list online like this one, but it's quite limited...
The good news is that you don't need a magnetic sensor to use most features of the app, and you can also get your heading using the GPS locations...
Hope it helps,
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

bm777 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:12 am Hi all, I am new here. I purchased alpine quest a few years back and hardly used it at all as my samsung mini tablet 7" doesn't have a compass and I'd like to have that.
I tried searching, but there are a gazillion tablets and not sure what to choose. Does anyone know which tablet would be best? Obviously cost is a factor!

Thanks to all and regards
gb
I know what you mean!

Years ago I bought a Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 which has all of the bells and whistles and is still going strong. More recently I bought a Galaxy Tab A, but was rather shocked to discover that it had no magnetic sensor. With Sammys I think that you have to stick with the Note range to get the extra sensors.

When it comes to phones, most of the more expensive ones seem to come with a magnetic sensor, however, the Moto G5S+ does not. It's predecessor, the Moto X Force does.
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

Actually, the currect range of Galaxy Tab S tablets appear to have magnetometers built in. Might be worth waiting for the Galaxy Tab S4 which will have a 10.5" screen. This should be available later on this year.