The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Any question about the app? Ask it here
hikingbear

Post by hikingbear »

Hi,
Having looked at the lite version and created a map (AQM format which was working ok in lite version), I am really impressed by Alpine Quest and will use this instead of Memory-map in future.

I am planning on buying the full version but being a relative newcomer to android phones in general (I have a S'sung Galaxy W), I have a few questions;

1) is there a walkthrough or guide for Alpinequest somewhere.
2) Is it best to buy the software through my pc (so I have an original file) and transfer the apk. file to the root of the SD before installing and in doing so, do I just add any Maps, (eg, the QCT. maps I already have) to a folder on the card 'sd/alpinequest/maps'?
and 3) Is it better to buy it from google A.M. or direct from alpinequest site, (I read somewhere that you dont get automatic updates unless you buy through the market??)
Any help on these initial points would be greatly appreciated..thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Newbie

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for you interest in AlpineQuest.

1) You can find (an outdated) help resource on our website that describes main features: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help (a lot of things didn't change).
The application is in a fast development period and unfortunately I don't find the time to update the help as fast as the application.
Next version will be a major update and will have a completely new user interface, I'll try to update the help for it.

2) & 3) The way the maps work doesn't depend on the way you buy the application. Your maps are stored on the SD card anyway (by default in '/sdcard/alpinequest/maps/' but this can be changed). Both free and full version will behave in the same way.
There are only 2 ways for buying the full version:
- Using the Android Market and your Google Checkout account. The application will then be linked to your account. I usually recommend this way because it's simpler: you directly install the full version from the Market, and update are automatically installed when available;
- On our website using PayPal. In this case you have to install a particular version (the version on our website), which you need to register. You also have to download all updates manually and re-activate them (without paying them again).
If you have found another way to buy the application please tell me because it could be a fake.

I hope I helped you,
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !