The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

gpx import and usage

Any question about the app? Ask it here
krikkevw

gpx import and usage

Post by krikkevw »

Hi!

When I'm outdoors I would like to use this app to:
Load an offline map, Load a gpx file from an online source, view this gpx file on the map and track simultaneously.

My question: is it possible to view an imported gpx track with waypoints while tracking realtime? I would like to use the gpx file (track) as a visual guide while tracking realtime.

I can't find an answer for this in the manual or the forum.

Nice app btw!
Cheers!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: gpx import and usage

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Yes this is possible.
You can focus (select) something independently from recording a track.
The focused element (waypoint, route or track) will be displayed in purple whereas the recorded track will be displayed in blue.
You can even use the auto following feature that will automatically select the next waypoint of your track as you are moving (long click on a track -> Auto follow).

Note that the memory is quite limited on phones so you will need to tweak the track recording to avoid too long tracks (for long hikes, 1 gps fix / 10 sec is recommended to avoid more than thousands fixes per track).
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !

Re: gpx import and usage

Post by Guest »

Hi, how do we "tweak the track recording to avoid too long tracks (for long hikes, 1 gps fix / 10 sec is recommended to avoid more than thousands fixes per track)"

Thanks,