The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

iOS App in future?

Any question about the app? Ask it here
revoconner

iOS App in future?

Post by revoconner »

I was wondering if you ever plan to release an iOS app. I am usually an iphone user and plan to move back to the device. The main advantage of iphones over modern android is that the battery capacity is smaller but gives more or less the same back up. That means its possible to juice up iphones more than android phones from a single battery bank. For a solo hiker the weight advantage this provides is enormous. This is the best app there is, hands down and I would love to see it on iOS.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: iOS App in future?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Right now it's not planned.
In the future, we never know...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
parkhopper99

Post by parkhopper99 »

My son gave me his old iphone. Its an old model but its better than my old android phone. I was disappointed to learn that I couldnt install the app on the iphone. Ive been using it when Im hiking to get hiking medallions.
android606

Post by android606 »

I'd just like to put in my request for an iOS app, too. Alpinequest looks fantastic, but I don't want to start carrying an Android device just to use it.
Billy goat

Post by Billy goat »

I too would like to see alpinequest on iOS. I have the Premium version for android but have recently switched to iPhone. I used the app all the time when hiking and on search and rescue missions. It is not feasible for me to carry both phones in the field, unfortunately it will be the iPhone that goes with me since that is what I have service on.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
I understand.
The reason is that currently the Android version does take all our time, and we still have a lot of feature planned. So for now no time for an iOS version... :(
Gian

Post by Gian »

I hope it will be available in apple because this means a lot especially to military men in ending insurgency here in the philippines. Please work for it as soon as possible. Thanks
bouvierjr

Post by bouvierjr »

Hi Alpine Quest,

Alpine Quest enjoys an excellent reputation but a lot of people don't go further on your site when they gather that it isn't available on iOS. Now that the iPhone allows users to handle files outside of apps, I assume this can make you change decision and offer it on iOS. This would give you access to a huge upside (iOS is dominant in the US and people on iOS are statistically more prone to paying for apps).

Any hope to see that coming soon?

Jean-René
Pro Tech

Post by Pro Tech »

When will a version of the AlpineQuest app for iPhone and iPad be released? Do you have a plan for that or not ?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Psyberia-Support wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:35 am Right now it's not planned.
Venus

Post by Venus »

What are the reasons that prevent you from releasing an iOS version?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Psyberia-Support wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:43 pm The reason is that currently the Android version does take all our time, and we still have a lot of feature planned. So for now no time for an iOS version... :(
Muller

iOS App in future?

Post by Muller »

Hi,
Your application is absolutely the best in the features it contains, unfortunately we miss its presence in ios, any hope of seeing this for ios?
Jimjam

Post by Jimjam »

Agree - this app is best in class. It totally needs bringing over to iOS.
reichert

Post by reichert »

if it is, I wish its capacity wouldn't be too big fnf mod