The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Offline maps in lite version?

Any question about the app? Ask it here
manrelaxed

Offline maps in lite version?

Post by manrelaxed »

Hi, I've downloaded the lite version 1.4.21 with a view to using some old qct maps offline. In the help section it says to try the lite version first with these files to see if they'll work. I'm not sure how to do this though - the help file relating to using on-board maps doesn't seem to relate to this lite version http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/maps/onboard-use . This lite version has an extra button marked 'Store Area' and says 'not available in this free version'.

How can I test these qct files with the lite version? I'd happily pay for the full version if they are going to work.. :)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Offline maps in lite version?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your interest in our application.

The "Store area" is a different tool, that you don't need to use your on-board QCT maps.

For your information, the "Store area" tool allows you to store an area of an online map for offline use. But you don't need this since you already have a QCT map ready for offline use.

Let me know if you need anything else
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
manrelaxed

Post by manrelaxed »

That's great, thank you so much.

I had the qct file in the 'maps' folder, I had to use a file explorer app to navigate to this file, click on it and 'select' it. Then it appeared on the Alpinequest screen. I was expecting it to appear somewhere on the 'stored maps' screen but it doesn't seem to. Not sure if this is explained in the help anywhere.

Just purchased the full version on the strength of this, I'm delighted with it. Excellent.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi again and thanks for your feedback,

Yes, by default the "stored maps" are displayed, which are maps retrieved from Internet by the application, and stored on the device for off-line use.
This is the main maps since you can use them immediately, you don't have to use any other external maps like QCT ones (which are used by only a minority of users).
To switch from "stored maps" to "on-board maps" (ie QCT maps), click on the top menu bar (see button 3 in the screen-shots here).

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !