The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

AQM Desktop viewer?

It's all about maps...

AQM Desktop viewer?

Post by Guest »

Is there an AQM viewer for Windows Desktop? Or a specification for the AQM file format so a viewer could be written?
jolly47roger

Re: AQM Desktop viewer?

Post by jolly47roger »

Two things would be straightforward : conversion to a KMZ file that could be viewed on Google Earth or conversion to a Mobile Atlas Tile store that could be used with Mobile Atlas Creator - viewed and/or converted to other formats (including OZI MAP&PNG).

I could write either of these if there was enough interest and it didn't breach any copyright on the maps.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to create a desktop viewer for AQM maps. As jolly47roger said, you should have a look at MAPC2MAPC to see if this feature is likely to be supported one day.

Although there is no written specification of the AQM format (I could do it if someone ask it), there is the official and open-source AQM writer source file here that can be used by anyone to create an AQM reader/writer.

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !

Post by Guest »

Cheers, and thank you for the awesome app!
jolly47roger

Post by jolly47roger »

I've been looking at this, and I think it is possible. If a program were to create an image (png or jpg) for each zoom level would you want a calibration file for it as well (.MAP, .TFW etc) and, if so, which type?
jolly47roger

Post by jolly47roger »

There is a first attempt at a viewer here http://www.the-thorns.org.uk/net/aqm2mobat.zip
Runs under Windows .NET.
All feedback welcome!
tumic

Post by tumic »

GPXSee can display AQM maps since version 8.4.