The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Track editor software for Windows

It's all about maps...
htatche

Track editor software for Windows

Post by htatche »

Hello,

I am looking for a Windows app that will let me display maps from OpenTopoMap and create GPX tracks on it, free if possible.

Is there anything like that ?

Thanks in advance
ds47uk

Re: Track editor software for Windows

Post by ds47uk »

Not quite what you're looking for but I use GraphHopper to plan routes either for car or on foot.
https://www.graphhopper.com/
then click 'maps'

hope this helps
David
dhickey

Post by dhickey »

Not software but browser based. Caltopo.com can do all that you want and much more. Add tracks "lines" and waypoints "markers" to an existing OSM map then download the map as an mbtile file. Then upload the mbtile file to Alpine Quest as an offline map.
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

htatche wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:51 pm Hello,

I am looking for a Windows app that will let me display maps from OpenTopoMap and create GPX tracks on it, free if possible.

Is there anything like that ?

Thanks in advance
Alternatively, you could run AQ within BlueStacks 4 on your PC. You will need an SSD to host it on for performance, but otherwise it runs OK, linking to your existing phone / tablet Google account. Note that the emulated device storage space is limited to 64Gb on BS4.

BS4 is free and there is also a third-party configuration app available, BSTweaker, although it is not yet fully BS4 compatible.
HickerM

Post by HickerM »

ds47uk wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:14 pm Not quite what you're looking for but I use GraphHopper to plan routes either for car or on foot.
https://www.graphhopper.com/
then click 'maps'

hope this helps
David
Graphhopper is a really neat bit of software. Though I mostly use OSRM myself it’s great to see Graphhopper continually pushing forward.