The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Delete workspace completely

Something wrong? Report it here
sunalla

Delete workspace completely

Post by sunalla »

Hi François,
Not sure if the following is odd behaviour? or intended?
No succes in completely deleting a workspace direct from A.Q. Had to use a file manager (x-plore) to find and get rid of a residue.
After first attempt deleting the workspace, a message ; could not delete completely etc, the workspace was not long on display but later, it had become visible again. Tried several times before falling back on file manager.
Friendly greetings
Jos
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Delete workspace completely

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Jos,
When you delete a workspace, all the files that have been created by the application for this workspace are deleted, and then is the workspace folder.
However, if you have manually put/copied some files in this workspace folder, the application detects that those files do not belong to it and does not delete them (to ensure no user data is lost) nor the workspace folder.

So if you have put the "residue", then yes it's the normal behavior.
But if you didn't put it, then it's not normal. In this case it would be great if you can remember the name of the file(s) so I can check where do they come from.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
suntalla

Re: Delete workspace completely

Post by suntalla »

Hi François,
My memory for those things is hopeless. What I will do is play and fiddle for a bit trying to reapeat the proces with and without copy/paste to a new workspace. If something is wrong I'll send a bug report.
Have a good day,
Friendly greetings
Jos