The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] All Saved Data & Maps Lost

Something wrong? Report it here
grogan197

[closed] All Saved Data & Maps Lost

Post by grogan197 »

I opened up AlpineQuest today and an error came up saying that memory was full. The map was also flickering. I opened the settings and tried re-selecting the storage location and restarting the app. The app went back to normal but had lost all maps and tracks, I tried again using both the two available storage options but it did not find my maps etc. I have since been in with the file manager and the old files are indeed gone.

Not sure if this is a AlpineQuest issue or strange behaviour of the phone but it has had no other bugs / issues.

Also just a though but a future feature of being able to save a backup of map settings, etc either online or to a file could be useful both when changing phones or for any file loss situation
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: All Saved Data & Maps Lost

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and sorry for the troubles.
There are no reasons that your data disappeared. The application never deletes data unless specifically requested by the user.
In the app settings, under "Storage device", you can check how much data is stored at each location and select the one with the more data stored. Then restart the app.
It's always possible that you have a "cleaner" app, or that the builtin device maintenance tool did free up some spaces automatically, in this case there is nothing the app can do...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !