The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Inaccurate speed in dynamic profile

Something wrong? Report it here
walter.z

Inaccurate speed in dynamic profile

Post by walter.z »

Hi, I have been paddeling with a stand up paddle on a river. The river hat a speed of appr. 4 km/h. I am paddeling something around 8 km/h. So downwards I would expect a speed of around 12, upwards of about 4 km/h. But the dynamic profile does not show this difference. The speed is more or less the same, about 10 km/h what cannot be correct. I made this up-paddeling several times for appr. 100m and the result always was the same. I didn't compare the apps so far but Oruxmaps showed plausible vlaues in the past.

The 2nd not realistic value is the speed when being on land for erection of the camp. I would expect a speed decreasing to zero on the campsite but don't see this in the dynamic profile.

Do you have an idea what's wrong? Thank you!

Best regards

Walter

Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Inaccurate speed in dynamic profile

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Walter,
Looking at your elevation profile (red), I can see that your GPS give very noisy values.
You can try to increase the noise reduction settings, but don't expect very precise values based on this data. See setting 2 here: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... s_settings.

For you second point, if you speed is "0", then it means you don't move and so the distance is not increasing, so you cannot see this when your "x" axis is "Distance". You must choose "Time" for the x axis to see this.

Let me know if it helps
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !