The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Duplication of points and something else

Something wrong? Report it here
AlexPORT

Duplication of points and something else

Post by AlexPORT »

Hello!
Recently I started trying AQ and questions arose.

1) When transferring point(s) inside the points file (ldk), they are duplicated. Example ... There is an ldk-file with points or sets of points and there is one separate point (a separate file, in the unsorted folder). I want to transfer this point to the container. I cut it out and paste it into this ldk-file - and on the screen this point seems to stand out more strongly, and two identical points already pop up on the map on it - one independent, the other from the container! In this case, the point file disappears (is deleted) from the unsorted folder. Further, if you delete any of them, then the second disappears. If you previously hide the starting point - then the transfer occurs correctly without duplication. This is shown only when transferring a single point / points to the container. If I transfer points from a folder to a folder or from a container to a container, I don’t see a bug.

2) If the container has several sets of points and (for example) route (s) and at the moment only one of the sets is displayed in the labels on the screen, then when a new point is added to the container, the entire contents of the container are forcibly displayed. What for?

2.1) As I understand it, when adding a new point it is not possible to immediately indicate the place inside the container (set of points, folder)? Those, "after that" you need to additionally carry it with your hands?

3) Is it possible to disable the display of the camera icon for points with a photo? Those, so that it is displayed like any other point without a photo and without an assigned icon (circle).
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Duplication of points and something else

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Alex and thanks for your report.

Yes for point 1 it's possible that there are some refresh issues after moving items. I'll have a look at this and try to fix it.

For 2, yes this is the current behavior. At least for this case: when you add a new point in a points set, then all the set is displayed.
For other cases, I've to check. If you add it to a file, then the complete file does not need to be displayed, you're right.

2.1, you should be able to add new items directly in any displayed containers.
For example here, you can click on (4) and choose in which displayed container to save your new waypoint.

3: currently it's not possible to disable this, but I can add an user setting in next update.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
AlexPORT

Post by AlexPORT »

2.1, you should be able to add new items directly in any displayed containers.
For example here, you can click on (4) and choose in which displayed container to save your new waypoint.
Yes, it is, but I'm a little about something else. The waypoint with this method will simply be added to the container, at its root. But if there are waypoint sets (and tracks) in the container, then after adding the point, you will have to additionally transfer the point to the desired set of this container (from the root).

Ideally, I would like to immediately add a waypoint to the desired set inside the container - if this is possible and does not complicate the interface too much.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Ok thanks for the update and sorry for the delay.
So yes you cannot "browse" your container while creating a new point, this one must be specifically displayed.
So the solution, for example if you have 3 sets in a file, is to un-display the file and display the 3 sets independently.
This way you'll be able to create points directly in any of the sets.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !