The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] Bug in splitting multiple track segments

Something wrong? Report it here
alang

[fixed] Bug in splitting multiple track segments

Post by alang »

I often forget to switch off the track recorder before driving home, and have used the Track segment Browse function to split the track at a location and then delete the second track. However, I recently (deliberately) recorded a track with 2 segments. I needed to split at a Location in Track segment 2. However, what happened was that Track segment 1 was split, apparently at the same Location number. After trying again a couple of times, I now have 4 segments, with segment 1 being split each time, rather than the final segment that I was browsing. This behaviour is with 2.1.0b (but it happened with the previous version also).
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Bug in splitting multiple track segments

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for this report.
Sorry for this problem, it has been confirmed and will be corrected very soon in a new update.

Until then, here is a work-around: display the track on the map, tap on it and on its name, then select "Edit points". From here you can click on any location of the track and select "Split here", it will work fine.

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
marcs

Post by marcs »

Hello,
I can't find how to split a track I recorded. I need to remove the end because I forgot to switch-off the recorder.
Where is the split menu ? (I use a French version).
When I do the above work-around, the track disappears once I have selected "Edit points".
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Try to zoom in or out in case this is a display bug.
marcs

Post by marcs »

Good suggestion. I can see the track again if I zoom out up to 1:102000. Unfortunately it then does not allow a precise selection of the point to split...
Is there an explanation somewhere how the split function works ? When I do it a black dot appears on the track and nothing else...
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,

Sorry for the display bug. I'll try to fix this in the next update, but this is an hardware issue on some devices and I don't have a workaround yet...

Concerning the split function, it just split the track where you've chosen. The black dot shows where a new part now starts.
What did you expect to see?
marcs

Re: [fixed] Bug in splitting multiple track segments

Post by marcs »

How can I select and save the different segments of the track ?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

You can click on the track displayed on the map, on its name and on "Details".
Close to the end of the view you'll have the track segments listed. You can delete/copy/move away any segments.
marcs

Post by marcs »

ok now I found it. Thanks.
Suggestion: A warning that deleting a segment will modify the original track and can't be undone would be useful.