The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Copy cache maps to cache folder

Something wrong? Report it here
Mhd

[closed] Copy cache maps to cache folder

Post by Mhd »

Hi...
I've been using alpinequest for years. I have round 50 GB of cache maps copied from my tab to my desktop, which I usually copy them back to the cache folder in new tabs for my friend. This have been working smoothly always.

Lately, I've been trying to do the same thing: copying my accumulated cache to a new tab with a new alpinequest app installed. The copy process succeeds, and I can see the files in the cache folder with all the indexes. But: the app is not reading them as if they doesnt exsist.
The storage location is set properly to SD card. The path is correct.
Tried every thing possible. Including Uninstall and reinstall the app, unmount and remount the sd card, changing 3 sd cards of different manufacturers, set the permissions for the app (android 7), etc....
Nothing worked out.
What would be the problem??
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Copy cache maps to cache folder

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and sorry for the delay.

The application will use the folder selected in the "Storage device" application setting.
You can check that the selected folder is the one where you've copied your files.

Also, with Android versions 4.4 or more, you cannot use the external SD card as before, you can only use one single folder (the one listed in the options of the setting given above).

Finally, workspaces may help you, as the application will save all the data of a workspace in a single folder you can easily move away/back.

Let me know if anything is not clear or you still have an issue.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !