The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] GPS - Source is disabled

Something wrong? Report it here
Brian

[closed] GPS - Source is disabled

Post by Brian »

Been using AlpineQuest for years across many devices. I love it. Great work on this app.

Yesterday I bought a Samsung S8+. I installed AlpineQuest onto it. The app never requested access to the GPS. When I run the app, and hit the GPS Position switch in it, I get an error that reads, "There is no location source available on this device."

I then go into the app settings to set the location source. It says, "Source is disabled." I click on the Setting button in this panel and it takes me to the device location settings.

In there, I see all of the other apps that are (successfully) using the device location services. The device is set to "high accuracy" and works great in other apps (such as GPS Status).

I've never experienced this problem before, across the devices and years that I've been using AlpineQuest. I assume it is a compatibility issue with the new device. Any guidance to fix would be greatly appreciated.
Brian

Re: GPS - Source is disabled

Post by Brian »

:?
Disregard previous message.

Odd. It's working now. I didn't do anything. I just tried it again and it is tracking perfect.
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

Brian wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:55 am :?
Disregard previous message.

Odd. It's working now. I didn't do anything. I just tried it again and it is tracking perfect.
What version of Android is installed on the S8?

I have noticed oddities with GPS on Android 7.1.2, but typically with apps other than AQ, especially when using multi-window.

It seems that Android 7.* would like to put the GPS to sleep at every opportunity!
Brian

Post by Brian »

My phone says Android 7.0.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Great if it's now fine.
As a reminded for newer devices, the GPS source must be activated in the Android setting, AND the application must be granted the right to use the GPS.
As you can see Android becomes more and more easy to use...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !