The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] Maps not scrolling since update?

Something wrong? Report it here
montyburns

[fixed] Maps not scrolling since update?

Post by montyburns »

I use the paid for version of Alpinequest, but ever since updating to 2.0.2b the maps don't scroll when I move location and I have to press the GPS button twice in order to get the maps to centre again. I know it's not because I've accidentally changed the settings as I have it on two different devices and they both have the same issue since the latest update. I'm using Memory Maps V5 running on Android 5.1.1 and 4.2.2.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Maps not scrolling since update?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your report. Sorry if you're having issue with the app.
Just to be sure to understand you problem (because I can't reproduce it): when you have your GPS location displayed on the map and locked in the screen center, you move away and you see the blue arrow going away from the center, and the map doesn't move.
When the GPS location is not locked on the map center, there is a small padlock in the GPS menu icon. You need to press this button once to re-lock the GPS location (move the map over it), and the padlock should disappear. Is it what you see? If it's the case, then when you move do you see the padlock appearing again in the menu?
Let me know
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !

Post by Guest »

"If it's the case, then when you move do you see the padlock appearing again in the menu?"

Yes, that is essentially what seems to be the problem.

Having done a few more tests it seems that the white marker circle stays in a fixed location while the blue marker circle move to my current location with a blue line connecting the two. I think the problem seems to be that I can't switch the GPS lock off no matter how many times I press the icon on the screen. I have also noticed that once the GPS has locked onto my location I am unable to access the settings that are usually accessible by pressing the GPS symbol.
jonnyboy

Post by jonnyboy »

I have exactly the same problem as "Guest" in that the maps don't scroll anymore.

Samsung s5

OSMaps

AlpineQuest 2.0.2c
BardseyBern

Post by BardseyBern »

Sir

As previous post - since 2.0.2b the maps do not scroll as they did before i.e. the GPS position moves across the screen and eventually disappears off the screen until I toggle the GPS position manually.

Any ideas?

BardseyBern
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

I've located and corrected the issue.
A new version (2.0.3) will be soon available with the fix.
Sorry for the delay.
BardseyBern

Post by BardseyBern »

Sir

Sounds good, looking forward to the fix.

Thanks for still supporting us all with a great product.

Happy New Year.

Bern
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Version 2.0.3 has been released, it should be fine now.
Please let me know if not.
BardseyBern

Re: [fixed] Maps not scrolling since update?

Post by BardseyBern »

Sir

Glad to see that you have fixed 2.0.3 however when I first started using Alpinequest and I have always had to download that latest version straight from your website, it now appears that this facility has been removed.

Looking at Google's 'My Android Apps' only shows the lite version was ever downloaded via Google.

How do I procede ?

Regards

Bern