The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] "Dynamic Profile" menu item not available

Something wrong? Report it here
preast

[fixed] "Dynamic Profile" menu item not available

Post by preast »

Love this new version and recent fixes.

I used to be able to click on an imported track and choose Dynamic Profile but I'm not seeing it in V2. Is there a certain way to import from a KML file that will cause it to show up as an option? Or only available for tracks created in AQ?

Thanks.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: "Dynamic Profile" menu item not available

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your feedback,
The "Dynamic profile" tool is available on all tracks and routes (imported or not), as soon as they contain elevation, speed (time), pressure or accuracy data (only one of them is needed), otherwise the "profile" just looks white...
Let me know if it's not what you're seeing or if you believe there is something wrong.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
preast

Post by preast »

Previously I was able to see the blank profile you refer to (I hadn't figured out to get any details into the KML using Earth). But I could still use it to determine mileage progress. Now I'm not even seeing the option in the pop up menu for Dynamic Profile.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Yes you're right I understand.
I'll see if I can add something that makes more sense, otherwise I'll just add back the "Dynamic profile" on all tracks.
preast

Post by preast »

Well I've just discovered something that at least shows that the Dynamic Profile options works for me in AQ. All the paths/tracks I've previously imported into AQ so far were ones I created in GE myself. This time I took one I downloaded from someone else and imported into My Places in GE, then exported into one of my other KMLs as normal. I then imported into AQ using same process as before and that single track has the Dynamic Profile option and shows the elevation. So it's working, with the difference being that now the option only appears if the path has details, as you've noted.

So, now my question is, how does one add elevation details to a path in GE? It obviously can import it and export it, but it doesn't show up in the tool anywhere. The only visual difference is that the properties window for the path created with GE (no elevation details) has a Measurements tab, where the downloaded/imported path does not have that tab. Everything else appears identical until I import into AQ. I don't know the source of the one I downloaded. I even upgraded to GE Pro. Any ideas?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
You won't be able to export paths will filled elevations using GE (it's not possible), however you can use free services like this one to fill up elevations values: http://www.nearby.org.uk/elevation-kml.php.
Note that AlpineQuest will soon be able to do that, so it will end this problem after all...