The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Possible issue in determining the number of placemarks

Something wrong? Report it here
alexlong

Possible issue in determining the number of placemarks

Post by alexlong »

Hi, François.

There is a possible issue in counting the number of placemarks in folders in the placemark explorer.
For example, I have various folders in the placemark explorer where I store placemarks. I have found that if a folder has no subfolders, the application counts the number of placemarks in the folder correctly. But if there are other subfolders in the folder, the application counts the number of placemarks incorrectly.
Below is an example. It's in Russian, but everything is clear.
My АГЗС (LPG) folder.
001.png
(5.34 KiB) Not downloaded yet
002.png
(26.79 KiB) Not downloaded yet
There are three subfolders. Each subfolder contains placemarks, the total number of placemarks in subfolders is 8. However, the app doesn't recognize them and considers that there are three subfolders and 0 files (placemarks) in the АГЗС (LPG) folder.

The app version is 2.3.3 (331)
This issue is also present in the previous versions, at least on my devices and on the devices of 4pda users who also informed to me about it.

Is there anything you can do about it?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Possible issue in determining the number of placemarks

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Alex,
As already explained here, it's the correct behavior and cannot be changed. If you select the top most folder of your SD card for example, the application will need to count ALL files on your SD card (hundred of files, pictures, etc). It will take too much time, consume battery, use the memory celles, etc. It's a non sense and never done.
For example here in the default file manager, the folder WhatsApp/Media only shows 9 items:
device-2022-11-30-105706.jpg
(13.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet
But when you open this folder, you see that the 9 sub-folders contains thousands of files:
device-2022-11-30-105729.jpg
(31.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !