The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] AQ freeze on startup

Something wrong? Report it here
Bonzodog

Re: AQ freeze on startup

Post by Bonzodog »

Still not working properly for me even with 2.1.1b freezes if I use close in the menu and then swipe it from the screen when there is a qct selected. Close does not actually close it, you need to swipe it from the screen to get rid of it. If you close that way it freezes when you try and reopen it. Force stop and clear data will allow it to reopen but just with base map.

If I use close in the menu (which actually only minimises it) then force stop the app in settings, and then go back and swipe the app to close it will reopen when it has been closed with a qct selected.

Hence I deduce, the problem appears to be that the app is not closing properly?

Bonzodog wrote:
Shame I didn't see it 30 mins earlier could have saved myself £2.29

Just contact me by email for a refund, no problem at all.

Not really bothered about any refunds. I have the paid version of Alpine Quest and the extended paid version of Offline Maps. I bought AQ to use with QCT maps as I have the whole of the UK on QCT. It worked well upto to the blooming Oreo update. Hopefully you guys will sort it, but for the moment it will work sometimes with workarounds!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

I've published version 2.1.1c which will load less data when restoring a map, so it may be better.
Bonzodog wrote: I have the paid version of Alpine Quest and the extended paid version of Offline Maps.
Thanks a lot for your support!
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
geoffers

Post by geoffers »

Just to report.. 2.1.1c really fast on startup, and no freezing 👍 - thanks for whatever you've done 😄
Bonzodog

Post by Bonzodog »

Woo hoo, yes, seems to be working for me too with qct. Close and reopen and doesn't freeze. We'll see if it still works tomorrow as it has occasionally worked for short spells of time!

Yes, well done guys for the fix!
kayrich

Post by kayrich »

Loads much faster! No hangs so far. Thanks for that.