The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Display over Lockscreen bug

Something wrong? Report it here
pinkyperk

Display over Lockscreen bug

Post by pinkyperk »

Hi. I have recently changed my phone (Redmi 5 plus - Android 7.1.2). Everything is working fine with AQ on this phone apart from one thing. I have in settings ticked "Display over lockscreen" so that when the screen is off it should on pressing power button open in the AQ window (which was previously open). Unfortunately this is not happening and the phone takes me to the keyguard/ unlock screen. Only after entering pin or fingerprint will the screen revert to AQ. This is a nuisance especially when using phone in a waterproof case in adverse weather conditions when it is difficult to see the screen and entering pin is not reliable.

I would be grateful for any help with this.

Many thanks
David
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Display over Lockscreen bug

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and sorry for the delay.
Thanks for the report and information.
I'll have a look at this and see if I can do something. I'll let you know soon.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
After some research I haven't unfortunately found any other method than the one currently used.
From what understand, this problem may occurs when the device uses a custom keyguard (different from the stock Android one) which doesn't follow common guidelines or also request to be displayed over (the stock) keyguard... In this case it may be displayed over the app, even if this one requests to be displayed on top...
pinkyperk

Post by pinkyperk »

Thanks for your response. I did find a workaround for this problem by installing a smartscreen app which enabled me to overcome the problem. I have just tried disabling this app and restoring the phone's original keyboard and the screen is going off ok now. This may be due to updates with the Xiaomi miu system which have resolved the problem , but at least there is a solution.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Ok thanks for the update.