The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Map update

Any question about the app? Ask it here
alexlong

Map update

Post by alexlong »

Hi.

There are on-demand maps in the application. From time to time they are updated by the developer (AlpineQuest). If the map is already installed in the app, and then it was updated on the developer's server, the map will not work (data will not be downloaded to the cache) until you click the Update Map button.
The problem is that users can not always guess (they may not know) that the map is updated on the server, and you have to press the "Update" button to update it on the device. Unfortunately, there is no visual indication of the needed update, as a result users may have problems, because the map actually stops working on the device, although it is fully functional. All that is needed is to press the button.
Is it possible to make some kind of indication that the map requires an update?
N.B.
Although I am a long-time user of this application and I know very well that I need to press the button to update, but the other day I found myself in a stupid situation – Yandex map stopped working and I did not understand why. Then I remembered that the developer had updated this map on the server at my request. I pressed the button - it all started working.
If there was some indication that the update is needed, everything would be easier, especially for less advanced users.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Map update

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Alex,
Yes absolutely, I was even working on this those last day.
In the next version, when you display the list of maps you have, you should see the "update" icon displayed right in the list.
For some updates, I also plan to make it completely automatic.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !