The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

sea ​​depth value

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Rio achmad

sea ​​depth value

Post by Rio achmad »

hello françois

in our community many users of offline maps application they use for navigation at sea, is it possible or do you have plans to add a feature to read sea depths such as elevation on land?, this seems very useful for many people

many fishermen and fishing hobbyists choose offline maps and Alpinequest applications as their navigation tools because of their good quality

I think you and your team can consider this, because I see more and more enthusiasts for your application
alexlong

Re: sea ​​depth value

Post by alexlong »

The point is that all these depths on the map will be very approximate. As to heights, all of them have been calculated by GPS. I have not seen precise depth measurements in the public access yet. Some services, such as Navionics publish not exactly accurate data. Perhaps it's good enough for someone. I have a fisherman I know who never uses such maps. His tool is an echo scanner, accurate depth measurements in the right places and mapping them for further work with it in AlpineQuest.
But this, of course, from my point of view, is too much. Although he is a fisherman, for him a difference of 1-2 meters, or a discrepancy with maps like Navionics is critical.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: sea ​​depth value

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Rio, I know it would be good to have.
Maybe in the future I'll have time to make an extension (or version) dedicated to marine use and put more useful data in it.
But unfortunately right now I'm completely overwhelmed with the main version...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !