The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Zooming between scales

Any question about the app? Ask it here
woldsweather

Zooming between scales

Post by woldsweather »

I use Alpinequest to view my memory maps.

Is it possible to zoom from the 1 250000 scale to the 1 50000 scale and on to the 1 25000 scale and how?
geofactotem

Re: Zooming between scales

Post by geofactotem »

My answer would be that you need to have both sheets available in Displayed maps and then use the opacity factor to display one or the other then zoom in the usual way.
woldsweather

Post by woldsweather »

OK so no way if doing it automatically like the MMap PC version.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

yes just put them in the same folder
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
woldsweather

Post by woldsweather »

They are all in the same folder but within that folder the 1:25000 are in one folder the 1|:50000 in another are you saying I would have to do away with the nested folders.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

yes they must be in the exact same folder.
woldsweather

Post by woldsweather »

OK. Removed all folders and dropped in 1:25000 1:50000 1: 150000 and 1:250000 for my home area but zooming in and out it stays on one scale is there some setting to adjust?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

No there's no setting.
Just be sure to use the "+" and "-" zoom buttons if you want to load another map (and not pinch with 2 fingers). You can also use the double-tap zoom.
geofactotem

Post by geofactotem »

Hi woldsweather,

It never occurred to me that this feature was available and it closely matches the desktop Memory Map Application. Whilst of limited use to me as the maps are so old I have tested it and it does work for me. Like so much of AQ it exceeds my expectations.
I am guessing that the reason that it is not working for you is that you have not "Added as layers". When copying the map file to Available Maps - tap the 3 dots on the right and select Add as layer.
The way I have Available Maps set is:
EX160
EX145
EX133
EX132
Cycle Hike
Region02 1:50K
Base map

All except Base map (50%) and Cycle Hike (0%) are set at 100% opacity.

I use the slider to zoom as I find it easier to use when I am walking. If when looking at region02 and I move the map centre over an area with a supporting 1:25K sheet and zoom in it will change the scale and display the 1:25K sheet. It is a bit slower in reverse as it has more to draw.

If you have elected to display the map name it does not change with the map change (I think this has been reported in a different usage) but it is so trivial as to be not worth worrying about.

Regards
David