The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Odometer for recorded tracks?

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Pascal5

Odometer for recorded tracks?

Post by Pascal5 »

A nice feature I would appreciate to see displayed as information for any recorded track: An odometer!

This displays as a diagram where the horizontal scale represents horizontal speed (always positive) and vertical scale represents vertical speed (both positive and negative). The track timesteps are displayed as a point cloud in this diagram.

In this diagram, the trail slope is represented by the angle to origin. The diagram could be shaped as a vertical half-disc (or a band of it, since vertical speeds are usually smaller than horizontal speeds).

This odometer would be very handful in assessing the typical progression speed profile depending on the slope of the trail.

Should be accessed similarly to how "Dynamic Profile" is accessed.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Odometer for recorded tracks?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thank you for your suggestion, sorry for the delay.
I've some difficulties in visualizing this kind of graphic, do you know some website where I can find some example?
On thing is sure is that currently the application graphics and quite rudimentary and cannot display points cloud, so it would require quite some work.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
gyster

Post by gyster »

Sorry for asking but I was looking for how to record tracks and you obviously know how. Can you tell me how to record a track? Thank you!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

This is only available in AlpineQuest (paid version), see here: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/tracker
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !