The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[added] Autoroute track to route for export to Garmin gps

Any question about the app? Ask it here
daveasbury

[added] Autoroute track to route for export to Garmin gps

Post by daveasbury »

I think this question was asked in 2015, an the response at the time was use a pc gpx convertor.
Maybe this has been resolved?

To explain. For walking alpine quest is my go to app. However for cycling I still prefer my Garmin GPS map 60 in road autorouting. In order to use this the planned route is imported as a simple gpx route and the Garmin routes on the road.

I really like alpine quest auto route planning, but it exports as a gpx track. So I then have to plan a simple gpx route using selected turns on the auto route track AQ has created.

I have in the past used GPS Babel to convert the track, but that means loading up my pc, in which case I might as well plan my route in memorymap.

So, would it be possible at some point to do a track to simple gpx route conversion?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Autoroute track to route for export to Garmin gps

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Right now unfortunately there is no simple way to convert a track to a route. I add convert abilities to the wanted features list.
However, here is a way to do it:
- Long press your track and select Export as.... -> CSV file;
- Be sure to select at least the fields "Longitude", "Latitude" to export, and check "Headers in first row";
- Then OK.
- In the result message, click on "Open" and choose the application to import back the file;
- In the import dialog, select "Placemark" -> Route, and be sure to have "Headers in first row" checked.
- Press OK and you now have a Route you can browse or display, and export as GPX file.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
daveasbury

Post by daveasbury »

Thanks, it works however as I am sure you realise you end up with 1000s of WPs. The objective is a simpler gpx of less than 50 WP, at key points. This mean the Garmin autoroutes. No matter, I guess I will stick to exporting to memorymap on my pc and manually editting.
Thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
Yes I understood a simple track to route conversion. There is no plan for a track "simplification" or similar feature.
If what you need is a simple GPX route, then you should create a "Route" in the application (click at centre -> Create a placemark -> Route), add the points you need and then export it as a GPX file.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: [closed] Autoroute track to route for export to Garmin gps

It is now possible to convert placemarks from one type to another in version 2.2.8 currently being released.