The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Insert here

Any question about the app? Ask it here
alexlong

[closed] Insert here

Post by alexlong »

Hi.
Could anybody help me and comment how to use Insert here option?
Insert_here.jpg
(57.94 KiB) Downloaded 2134 times
Thanks in advance.
boowoo

Re: Insert here

Post by boowoo »

Hi Alex,
I think that it's a tool for adding a drawn segment when you have drawn a track project and have missed to draw an extra part of it.
Scenario:
-Select "draw" and create a track you need. Oups, you forgot to draw something important to see at some distance of the track …
-unselect "draw"
-Put the center point on a place you want to change
-Select "insert here"
-Select "draw"
-Draw again the missing part like you want
-Save your track
Maybe there is an other hidden function for this tool but i don't know !

Regards,
Sam
alexlong

Re: Insert here

Post by alexlong »

Thanks! Merci!
It works!!!
marcs

Re: [closed] Insert here

Post by marcs »

Hello,

I also tried to use this function to correct recorded path when the gps did not work correctly.

I did not find a simple way to add multiple points to recreate the missing part of the path. When I activate "draw", then it records all the movements of the center point (not a straight line). If I move the center point and then activate draw, then it adds one point and terminates the insertion. If I want to add several in a row, I have to select the point that I just added and then select "insert here" again and again.
If I click on "Waypoint", then a point is added but it is not linked to the track that is currently beeing edited.

What I find strange is that when creating a path, then the "waypoint" acts like I imagine it should do (add a waypoint and wait for the next one). What did I miss ?
Regards,
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

"Waypoints" can be added to a track but are not part the recorded segments. They can be used if you want to save some information while recording a track.
So when you create or edit a track (the exact same tool is used), you can only modify the tracking line by using the "Draw" tool.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
marcs

Post by marcs »

I now switched AQ to English to use the exact same words as in the app.
In fact what I expected to do was to be able to use the same tools to edit a recorded path and a route. Is there more difference between a path and a route than the tools used to edit them?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Yes they are two different things.
Routes are ordered set of points, where each point can have a name and information (color, icon, etc). You create a route when you plan, that's your check points.
Tracks are the result of the path you're recorded when you followed the route (or other). Track points are just locations, you can not name them or attach any information (at least in AQ). They usually have the elevation and timestamp of the GPS.
In AQ, they are also displayed differently, with each points displayed bigger for routes: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/landmarks#routes
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !