The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Inclined view is disorienting

Any question about the app? Ask it here
royallyon

[closed] Inclined view is disorienting

Post by royallyon »

Great app! Using it for years. The new inclined view is visually disturbing and disorienting to me. Is there a way to toggle back to normal map view?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Inclined view is disorienting

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
How did you incline the view?
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

royallyon, why not to try pitching the map up and down with two fingers? As to me the current Explorer mode looks very good.
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

There is an ability to adjust the level of inclination of the map with two fingers in the Map mode and in the Explorer mode. It doesn't seem obvious users should pitch the map down (or up) with two fingers to do it. In the settings user can check "Automaticaly activate explorer mode when pitchng the map down with two fingers". Users do it and activate the explorer mode but they can not guess they should keep on pitching the map down or up to change the angle. Can this be fixed?
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

royallyon wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:01 pm Great app! Using it for years. The new inclined view is visually disturbing and disorienting to me. Is there a way to toggle back to normal map view?
Have to agree that I am not a great fan of this distorted perspective either. Not really sure what it is attempting to achieve as it just makes everything look worse on an OSGB map and gobbles up a lot of map space with text. Now if it used DEM to produce a 3-D perspective, ala Memory-Map, then it would be more useful AFAIK.
boowoo

Post by boowoo »

For me, "inclined view" is useful because very intuitive when following a track in MB for example, even if i would prefer a text area smaller and the map displayed a bit bigger ...
For users that don't like it … just don't use it ! Where is the problem ?

About a 3D feature, it's a great idea but not so simple to implemente.
I think it's a big task for a dev because needs to use rendering OpenGL (it's like building a new app inside AlpineQuest …)

Regards,
Sam
royallyon

Post by royallyon »

boowoo wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:59 pm For me, "inclined view" is useful because very intuitive when following a track in MB for example, even if i would prefer a text area smaller and the map displayed a bit bigger ...
For users that don't like it … just don't use it ! Where is the problem ?
That's my question. How do I turn it off? It is on when explorer mode is off or on.
royallyon

Post by royallyon »

alexlong wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:55 am There is an ability to adjust the level of inclination of the map with two fingers in the Map mode and in the Explorer mode. It doesn't seem obvious users should pitch the map down (or up) with two fingers to do it. In the settings user can check "Automaticaly activate explorer mode when pitchng the map down with two fingers". Users do it and activate the explorer mode but they can not guess they should keep on pitching the map down or up to change the angle. Can this be fixed?
This answered my question! Thank you!
It might be inconvenient, but at least it is a way to toggle the behavior.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

The view can be inclined with 2 fingers now.
There is no obligation to do it, you can simply use the application as before.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !