The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] New user feedback

Any question about the app? Ask it here
WyeWalk

[closed] New user feedback

Post by WyeWalk »

Having switched to AQ last week I have been extremely impressed with the app. It fulfils nearly all of my requirements, which no other app or device I have owned has come close to.
I love the support for QCT and Mobac maps. Proximity alerts, custom icons, auto-targeting, re-sizeable fonts and icons etc.

After just a couple of outings here are the things I would love to see added:
1. A screen with configurable counters. Distance travelled (most important), time travelled, elevation, time to go, time stationary etc etc etc. Each metric could be configured onto a screen and resized as required by the user. A couple of counters could also optionally appear on the map screen. I know some of this is on the stats screen, but I find feel this would greatly improve things for me.
2. There would also need to be a method to reset trip counters (possibly long press on distance counter?)
3. Standard Geocaching GPX files provide icon information for the various cache types in xml like this:

Code: Select all

<sym>Geocache</sym>
<type>Geocache|Unknown (Mystery) Cache</type>
where <sym> is always Geocache and <type> indicates the sub-icon type. I think AQ only looks at <sym>, so you can only have a single icon for all cache types. Would it be possible to take into account <type>?
4. AQ displays the waypoint details (which are great), but would it be possible to re-size the text (pinch zoom)? My eyesight isn't what it used to be when reading. :?

Thanks for listening and keep up the great work!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: New user feedback

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your interest in our application and feedback.
All these ideas are good, but some will require quite some work.

I'll start with the geocaching GPX files, you're right, the app only looks at the symbol ("<sym>"). I can add the support for the type as well for sure. I'll take care to add this in the next version. It would be even better if you could email me one of your GPX file so I can have a close look at all contained data and check if I can improve the support for geocaching GPX files.

Concerning the new dashboard screen, a major interface update is planned. I'll try to include all your suggestions at that time. I can't give you release date right now, but it should be few updates.
Same thing for 4), the current layout couldn't be easily improved this way, but I'll try to add this ability in the next interface. Note that you should be able to increase the size of the font in the whole system (from the Android settings), AQ details should then be displayed with larger size.

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
WyeWalk

Post by WyeWalk »

It's great to know you will be looking at these requirements and thanks for the suggestions. It gives me great confidence in your already excellent product.
The Geocache gpx has been sent. It would be great if you could display the logs in the details too at some stage.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Thanks for the file.

I've improved the support, including more icons, support of the geocache type, and logs.
This will be available in the next update.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !