The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] I use offline app for hunting

Any question about the app? Ask it here
wrongturns

[done] I use offline app for hunting

Post by wrongturns »

What's happened to this app. I shoot over 800 yards in different places and now this program just
Shows miles not yards.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: I use offline app for hunting

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Yes sorry miles are now used from 0.1 mile following this request.
I guess not everyone is happy with this so I'll try to find a compromise for the next version.
Sorry about that
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
eas

Post by eas »

Psyberia-Support wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:37 pm I guess not everyone is happy with this
Correct.

The Imperial system of measurement is not decimal so division by 10 is inappropriate. Why not point out to the one person that asked for this change that there is already an option to display yardage up to 1 mile if they find the numbers using feet are unwieldy (whoever uses feet?).

Personally, I would prefer to see full use of Imperial measurements (miles+yards) at all distances not just under 1 mile.

Too much to ask for additional support for chains (22 yards or 1/80 mile) which would be useful for UK railway researchers?
eas
Scottish Highlands, UK
--
AlpineQuest 1.4.22 and 1.4.22b
Samsung Galaxy S II : Android 4.1.2 --- Sony Tablet S : Android 4.0.3 --- Hudl2 : Android 5.1
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Imperial unit is so complicated it will me loose all my hairs...
I've published a new beta with two version, one using feet and one switching to decimal miles.

For the chains, I guess I can add it, but I cannot add fractions, only decimals, so when switching to chains it will something like 3.34 chains, and not 3 chains, xx feet...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
eas

Post by eas »

I've published a new beta with two version, one using feet and one switching to decimal miles.
.. and reinstated the previously available option of yards up to one mile I hope?

The comment about chains was partly tongue in cheek but I do measure them occasionally, at which point I fire up my calculator app. (By the way if you were to add chains it would be chains+yards not chains+feet).
Haven't even mentioned furlongs yet (don't go there!).
eas
Scottish Highlands, UK
--
AlpineQuest 1.4.22 and 1.4.22b
Samsung Galaxy S II : Android 4.1.2 --- Sony Tablet S : Android 4.0.3 --- Hudl2 : Android 5.1