The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Display nav data on smart watch

Any question about the app? Ask it here
mrw

Display nav data on smart watch

Post by mrw »

I think AlpineQuest is a great app - I use it reqularly. Sometimes though (in bright sunshine, rain, snow or when wearing I'm gloves) I think about getting a standalone gps device. Would it be possible to display current location, distance and bearing to next waypoint in high contrast on lock screen? Or how about a separate app/widget to display the same data on a smart watch?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Display nav data on smart watch

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
I'm currently working on the navigation info so I will have a look at that. It's true that it could be useful to have this information altogether clearly displayed...
Concerning the smartwatch, that could be very good, but it will require some time so won't be available right now...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Machac

Post by Machac »

Thank you for this very good app.
It displays well, both OS and stored maps, on Sony Smartwatch 3 so it is already useful as a stand-alone app on the watch.
Navigation (as above) and a bit more control would make it terrific.
Any chance of a Wear version?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi and thanks for your feedback.
Right now an improved UI is planned for soon, the navigation panels will be greatly improved (they really need to be).
Concerning a watch version, I'll really would like to do it but I won't have the time in a near future since there are too much planned features for before. Maybe for next spring, but I can't give you any guarantees.
Best regards

Post by Guest »

Been using alpinequest for a few years now and it's a brilliant app and would love really love to see a android wear add on or additional paid app.

Thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

That would be great... It's still planned by right now I'm very busy with the new 2.0 version, so unfortunately I can't make any update on this feature...
Sorry about that
oliver

Post by oliver »

Just wanted to add my vote for Android Wear. I used to use Backcountry Navigator and the wear integration was great. Just info about distance travelled and avg. speed goes a long way. Stopped using Backcountry Nav. due to major accuracy issues but if they fix those and you don't yet have wear I'd go back. For me, wear is really a killer feature. When your hiking and it's raining it's great to be able to glance at your wrist to see how much further rather than pulling out your phone.
bocekm

Post by bocekm »

Psyberia, do you have any news on having Android Wear supported? To have topo maps using internal GPS module on my wrist (with no need for watch to phone connection) would be the only reason for which I would buy a smartwatch.