The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

(1) export multiple tracks and (2) auto-load tiles by viewing

Any question about the app? Ask it here
leif

(1) export multiple tracks and (2) auto-load tiles by viewing

Post by leif »

Hello,

(1) When returning from travels, I often have multiple tracks recorded. I would like to export them all in bulk (i.e., using multi-select) to .gpx files, and then share them all, in bulk, via bluetooth. Currently I have to do them each individually -- It is a pleasant ritual of sorts, but would be even more pleasant if AlpineQuest allowed me to export multiple files at once.

(2) When I first purchased AlpineQuest a few years ago, one of the great features was that every time I zoomed in on the map display, it would automatically load the current view as offline maps. Somehow, this setting was changed in one of the updates. I cannot find a Preferences item to allow this. Is there still a way? Currently, I have to deliberately perform the "download and save map area". This unfortunately adds an extra "download" step every time I am planning a journey.

Thanks.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: (1) export multiple tracks and (2) auto-load tiles by viewing

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi!

Export multiple tracks at once: possible (but requires few steps).
Browse the recorded tracks folder and click on the 3-dots menu right of the "Tracks" header. Select "Deselect all". Check only the tracks you want to export. Click on the 3-dots menu again and select "Copy". Then click on the "+" button (bottom/right) and choose "Placemark file". Click Ok (no need for a name) and click on the "Clipboard" menu (top/right). Select "Paste all". Finally export the file (3-dots menu top/left -> "Export as...").

Auto-load tiles by viewing: it is still the case (nothing has changed). Is a displayed area is not available, it's downloaded and stored for offline use. Note that: 1) only the displayed zoom level is downloaded and stored, 2) be sure not to have activated the "Use only stored data" option from the Maps menu.

Hope it helps
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
karolleon

Post by karolleon »

Hello, I had thought of the same improvement, then used search and found numerous feature requests like this one. Thank you for explaining the current method for exporting multiple tracks but it is quite a hassle. AlpineQuest is a great app but doesn't allow one to track one's progress or maintain an activity log. Thus, one needs to rely on 3rd party solutions (like Endomondo, Strava, etc.). Right now, 'syncing' one's recorded tracks with such services is quite inconvenient. Would it be much of an effort for you to add a new, 'Export all', command, along the 'Copy all' and 'Paste all' commands? It could, for example, take into account only the supported files in a given folder and then display a window like for the existing 'Export as...' command. It would also be nice if such command had an option to share the exported tracks.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Yes I agree it would be useful to be able to export multiple items without using a landmark file.
Should be added at some point, I hope soon.
Scrim

Post by Scrim »

Has this feature been added yet? My old device with hundreds of recorded tracks is a out to die. I need to export the tracks to my new tablet. I cannot lose this extremely valuable (to me) information.
Thank you 🙂
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
Yes you can, click on the 3 dots right of the "Recorded tracks" header and "Export as".