The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Displaying folders in Displayed placemarks window

Any question about the app? Ask it here
alexlong

Displaying folders in Displayed placemarks window

Post by alexlong »

Can folders be displayed in the Displayed placemarks window? If yes, how can this be done?
I was somehow sure that only placemarks are displayed in the Displayed placemarks window.
But colleagues from 4pda say and show that folders are displayed too.
Below is a screenshot. The text is in Cyrillic, but it's the Displayed placemarks window.
27037380.png
(46.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Is this really possible?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Displaying folders in Displayed placemarks window

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Alex,
You can display "folders" when they are in a placemark file. In this case all items inside this folder will be displayed.
For regular folders (for example the "Unsorted placemarks" folder), you only display the waypoints altogether. I think this is what is shown in the screenshot.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

As far as I understood the user who sent me this screenshot correctly, the folders are displayed in the Displayed placemarks window. I was really surprised and argued with that user because I was sure the Displayed placemarks window could not contain folders.

Unfortunately, I was not able to generate a scene so that my folders would be displayed in the Displayed placemarks window as well. I don't know how to do this, and I don't understand if it's even possible
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Go in the "Recent searches" folder, be sure you have at least some waypoints there. Long press the "Waypoints" category title, and select "Display all".
Then in the "Displayed placemarks" list, you'll see the "Recent searches" folder. However it will only contains waypoints.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !